Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mammmma!!!

I don't know if it's only a mouth exercise, one of those many sounds that he makes trying to communicate but my lovely baby has learned to say"MAMMA". Every day it has been some kind of personal challenge, spelling out the word Mamma expecting Chris to repeat after like it would be the greatest achievement of my life. Oh, well, finally my Little Prince made it! He says it out loud and clear: Mamma, mamma, mamma!
At first I thought that it really was just an involontary reaction, but now I am starting to believe that he KNOWS! It's like he is calling me, telling me he needs me, asking me to hold him!
Is it just make believe? Wishful thinking? Who cares after all. What is important is that my baby knows who I am and unconditionally reaches out for me. I am his Mamma anyway, even if he can't say the word, right?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WAO!! That’s the most exciting moment ever. There is such a deep connection in that very moment the words come out from his little mouth and pronounce the magical word: MAMMA. The relation between mother and son/tougher is so special that we can say it is pure love, the universal love that does not have any limit and is literally forever. And as Italian say: di mamma ce ne una sola….la mamma e’ la mamma!!

Kisses to you and Chris