Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Japan wonders!!!


Those of you who are or have been to Japan know exactly what I am talking about when I say that fruits and vegetables are probably the most expensive food compared to other countries.
Well, then you won't be surprised to see what I found last weekend in a big and fancy shopping mall in Tokyo.
Yes! You saw it right! The watermelon is square, or triangular, or other shapes other than round!!
I could not help to take pictures and then asking how much one of those pieces would cost.
Judging from the prices of other fruits like the cherries, I thought that I probably would have to sell my car to buy it! One box of cherries was 10.000 Yen (aprox. 100 dollars!!!).
Ok, hold on here. Ready: the price of one of those watermelons was 100.000 Yen!! Yes! Just about 1000 dollars!
Raise your hand if you still like watermelon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>>Raise your hand if you still like watermelon!!!

Hand's up! -- OK , can I get a loan?
I love watermelon - and was happy to find that they're as tasty as the Ibaraki ones here in Aus - and good value at $2.00 a half! Yum Yum.

Love seeing the photos. Chris has a great smile! Hope you guys are loving summer.

See ya

Dylan