Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Congratulations Tomomi and Tetsuya!!


In all this time I have been in Japan I have attended many weddings and wedding parties. All of them had some original detail that made them special. However I must say that the one I attended on Saturday was the most amazing of all. Maybe it was the style, totally Japanese, maybe it was the bride, my friend Tomomi, or maybe for other reasons, but this was unique. To start with the location. The Meiji Jingu, in Tokyo Harajuku.
To many people this name may have no particular meaning but this shrine is one of the most famous in Tokyo and in all Japan. I think this experience is one-of-a-kind. I will not dwell upon details of the whole ceremony. It would not be possible for me to actually transfer into words the whole atmosphere. I am just so happy that I could be part of it, as a guest and not as one of the many curious tourists that, in amazement, kept taking pictures of my friend, husband and family. Wow! It was like being in a movie!!!
You may find more info on this shrine in this site http://www.meijijingu.or.jp/english/intro/index.htm.

No comments: